We provide a professional solar panel cleaning service in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, the Isle of Wight and the whole of the South West. We have all of the necessary insurance and equipment to cover solar panel cleaning on ground-mounted solar farms and roof-mounted commercial & domestic solar arrays. We cover much of the South West, carrying out solar panel cleaning in Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Salisbury, Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Weymouth, & surrounding areas.
Contact our knowledgable team of solar panel cleaners at Clean Solar Solutions Ltd today to arrange a free tailored quote to suit your needs for a solar panel cleaning service on your solar panel installation.
The South West is THE solar capital of the UK. It has seen astounding growth in the solar PV sector since 2010. In 2011, the increase in solar installs grew from 714MW to over 1GW. The level of renewable capacity installed in the South West has grown by almost 50% in the last 12 months, according to a new report published by Regen SW. This surge in renewable installs means that the South West now gets 7.3% of it electricity from renewable sources.
Solar technology was responsible for 65% of the region’s new renewable capacity in the last 12 months. Solar’s rapid cost reduction coupled with the South West’s higher irradiance levels have seen 200MW of solar farms connected to the grid since July 2012. To put solar’s performance in context, the next biggest contributor was 39MW of biomass capacity. This growth shows no signs of slowing. Below is the county-by-county breakdown of capacity installed in the South West as of July 2013:
- Devon has a total renewable energy capacity of 301 MW
- Cornwall and the Isles of Sciliy has a total renewable energy capacity of 293 MW
- Somerset has a total renewable energy capacity of 102 MW
- Dorset has a total renewable energy capacity of 98 MW
- Wiltshire has a total renewable energy capacity of 96 MW
- Former Avon has a total renewable energy capacity of 87 MW
- Gloucestershire has a total renewable energy capacity of 66 MW