We have carried out scores of residential solar panel cleans across the UK. We can clean solar panels on bungalows and houses with our latest solar panel cleaning equipment. With poles that reach up to 60ft, we can reach solar panels that even have obstructions such as ground floor extensions and bungalows.
The majority of our residential clients opt for a six-monthly clean which keeps their system in tip-top condition. This in turn helps them see their ROI that little bit quicker.
We also provide a 7 point solar array health check including:
- Professional solar panel clean with precautionary measures to protect our operatives from electric shock during cleaning
- Inspection of the integrity of the glass of the solar panels - breakages have occurred from bird damage and external sources such as children using the solar panels as target practice for stones and other projectiles. Golf balls seem to be another favourite!
- Check the framework of the solar panels for signs of damage, warping or corrosion
- Check the roof fixings are still intact
- Check for signs of damage from birds or squirrels. The underside of solar panels are proving to be very popular nesting sites for pigeons. The debris that they accumulate for nesting, droppings they create and pecking at the wiring have all been noticed as a growing problem for solar panel owners.
- Check the inverter for error codes
- Where possible, synchronise the inverter readings with the output meter to check the system is fully functional.
There has been a noticeable increase in window cleaners offering solar panel cleaning as part of their service. If you are looking to have a window cleaner clean your solar panels, it is very important that you see their certificate of insurance and their certificate of training. A solar panel cleaning professional will be able to present you with certificates for both. Your solar panels are an expensive investment and it is wise to ensure they are cleaned by insured and trained professionals.
If you would like a free quotation for your residential solar panel cleaning and system health check, please email our residential team with your name and full address including postcode. Alternatively, you can call or text 07720 634797.
If possible, please attach a photograph like the one above showing the face of the house where the solar panels are mounted and the panels themselves. This will speed up the process of arranging your clean. We need the photograph in order to assess the accessibility for the cleaning. You should receive a reply within minutes, but it can take up to 24 hours during peak times.
Posted on June 8, 2014
by Steve Williams filed under