Solar Panel Thermal Imaging, Diagnosis, Surveys & Reports
Thermal imaging is a reliable and accurate way of fault finding on solar arrays. We can diagnose faults on solar panels, wiring boxes and other components. We carry out solar thermal imaging, surveys and reports across the whole of the UK.
Our solar thermal imaging service offers several advantages to solar installers and end-users alike. We can see anomalies and faults that can clearly been seen on a crisp thermal image and unlike most other fault finding methods, we can use our thermal camera to spot faults while the solar panels are still in operation. Finally, we can scan large areas of solar panels in a relatively short time frame.
We are able to provide a thermal imaging service during array installation, but perhaps most importantly, we can now provide you with a regular predictive maintenance check-up after the solar panels have been installed. Our thermal camera will spot potential problem areas and you can then look to repair before actual problems or failures occur.
The types of equipment we can survey include:
- Switchgear and Switchboards
- Busbar Systems
- Distribution Boards and Fuse Boards
- High Voltage Systems
- Overhead Power Lines & Substations
- Control Panels
- UPS Systems
- Solar Panels
The benefits of using Clean Solar Solutions Ltd to conduct this electrical thermographic survey include:
- Power is not interrupted during a survey. No downtime or loss of revenue.
- This is a predictive maintenance technique which will make your business more reliable and reduce the risk of fire. We are able to detect faults which if left unattended would lead to breakdown or risk of fire.
- We provide a clear, but comprehensive report which details the suspected cause of the fault, the severity of the problem and our recommendation of remedial action that may be required to repair.
- We only use high resolution thermal imaging equipment which allows us to detect faults on smaller components and allows us to keep a safe distance from potential faults.
- Thermal images can be emailed to you while we are still on site for 'live' viewing.
- Bespoke scheduling and depth of surveys can be arranged.
Our thermal imaging camera allows us to quickly identify defects at both module and cell level as well as wiring and interconnection problems under normal operating conditions and we do not require a system shut down. This means that we can provide your system with a regular check-up and potentially increase drastically the solar array owners return on investment.
Any faults or anomalies that are found are reported to your site maintenance team or solar array owner. Where a member of the solar maintenance team is on site, they may be able to rectify any problems that require urgent attention.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange a thermal imaging survey on your solar array.
Posted on September 20, 2015
by Steve Williams filed under