Clean Solar Solutions continue to pioneer new solar panel cleaning methods in the UK by now adding robotic solar panel cleaning to their O&M offering. Rooftop robotic solar panel cleaning is often talked about, but has never been seen before in the UK.
Steve Williams, MD of Clean Solar Solutions explains why: “Robotic solar panel cleaning has been around for a few years, in a number of applications. The results from robots however, has often been left wanting. There are very good waterless solar panel cleaning robots available, but these are not suitable for the type of soiling we see in the UK.
We feel now however, that technology has caught up and our solar panel cleaning robot will provide us with a unique selling point, literally being able to safely clean solar panels that previously were completely inaccessible. no other UK company has the capability to clean solar panels robotically on roof and ground mounted arrays. It is a very exciting development for the company.”
Solar Panel Cleaning Robot Key Facts:
- Can clean roof mounted and ground mounted solar panels up to 28 degrees
- The solar panel cleaning robot is remote controlled, so this can negate the need for the roof to be walked on at all during cleaning
- The robot is able to clean solar panels near fragile skylights
- Solar panels mounted on roofs where there is no mansafe or edge protection are now safer to clean
- Robot can be taken to roof level via staircases or cherry picker
- Ultra-pure water cleaning still available
- More solar panels can be cleaned per hour when compared with manual cleaning
- A higher quality finish comes from the robot when compared to manual cleaning because a more uniform clean on the solar panels is achieved.
Steve Williams concludes “Clean Solar Solutions continue to pioneer new cleaning techniques, adapting and innovating to the needs for the solar panel cleaning market. Robotic solar panel cleaning is the next phase of growth for the company and we continue to identify gaps in the market that we hope to fill in the future.”